Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Dulux House


Investigating my stats recently I discovered that a great number of visitors to the blog were searching for images of the Dulux House, so I thought for all the like minded house stalkers out there I would provide you with some more images of it's fabulousness!



The front entrance, so pretty with the frangipani tree and scattered flowers on the lawn.



The gorgeous backyard.  The whole of the downstairs looks like it is a huge open plan room, this now seems to be a pre-requisite when designing a beach house.


Love the old milk bottle basket full of vintage bottles and flowers on the dining table.


Gorgeous tap and butlers sink in the island.  Do you think the little room off to the left might be a butlers pantry with the fridge in it?  I would seriously love to have a good look at this kitchen!



Living room with an open fire and stone surround.  I am not convinced by the very high mantle though.


Another living area in the main part of the open plan area.


With views out to the backyard.


A perfect beach bathroom.  The vanity is lovely and simple and not unlike our one.   I am also pretty sure that they have used the same travertine tiles on the shower walls that we used on our bathroom floors.  


Such a pretty house.  All images are from here.



13 comments:

  1. I love the church pews for dining chairs and all the white of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fabulous house. I also love the church pews but not sure how practical they would be. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning home, I could just move right on in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, life in a beach house near water that is warm enough to swim in really does look enviable....What a gorgeous home. Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, thank you. Church pews from experience, having sat on a few and having one at our house, are too narrow to be comfortable for long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree Joanne (having spent many hours sitting on them at boarding school) and I am not sure that they are quite right in this room either. I have always loved a weathered old pew on a deck for sitting on whilst you pull on your boots but not sure about them as dining chairs.

      Delete
  6. This is such a gorgeous home... I could move right in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma, thanks for your fabulous blog - I'm thoroughly addicted. I'm in the midst of totally renovating a weatherboard and just love the bathroom in both yours and the Dulux house. Would you consider sharing where you found your 100x100 tiles (they look like tumbles travertine). I've been to there tile shops & found nothing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarahdee! Glad you like it! They are tumbled travertine! We got them from Aeria Country Floors in Willoughby. The shop has since closed down but perhaps the Woollahra shop still have them. Good luck finding some!

      Delete
  8. Oops my predictive text jumbled my comment. I really can spell. That was supposed to read *tumbled* and *three* tile shops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emma, Do you know the actual colour that is used on this house. I am about to paint the exterior of ours and this is very much the colour I am after.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. Do you know where it is?

    As for the mantel height. My girlfriend had her mantel in her new Walter Barda home designed to the height she could reach to place her drink there. Maybe these guys had the same idea when they planned it so high.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yers, we drive past it often. It is probably my most favourite house ever! I am pretty sure that Walter Barda did this one as well so maybe!! xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...